|Designation :||Associate professor|
|Department :||Public Health|
|Academic Qualification :||
MSc (DU) 2004, MPH (NSU) 2009,
PhD Scholar, Heidelberg Institute of Global Health, Heidelberg University, Germany
1. Compliance of WASH facilities among clients of Community Clinics in Bangladesh: A comparative study.
2. Perceptions regarding smartphone application for the self-management of diabetes.
3. A comparative study on the effectiveness of Traditional versus Communication technology-based health educational intervention focusing on Diabetes.
4. A comparative study of the child nutritional status in Bangladesh
5. Mother support & maternal protection
6. Reinitiating Fertility Decline in Bangladesh By meeting the needs of high parity couple
7. Monitoring Utilization of health,Nutrition and Population Services by the Poor ICDDR, B/BRAC/MOHFW Collaborative Project
8. Prescribing Behavior of physicians in Health Care Facilities of HCDP
9. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding Safe Motherhood among Married Women of Reproductive Age in Kavrepalanchok District of Nepal
10. Prevention and Management of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus among selected Bangladeshi Population
11. Effects of educational level of father and mother on perception of Breast Feeding
12. Nutritional status and Dietary pattern of the children of Non-formal primary school
13. Knowledge, attitude and practice related to diabetes mellitus among geriatric patients
14. Factors affecting non adherence to drug, diet & lifestyle related to advices among children with type I diabetes mellitus
15. Effects of arsenic exposure during pregnancy on newborn immunoglobulin levels in Bangladesh
16. Capacity Development for Combating Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) in Bangladesh
17. Health Educational Intervention on Hand Washing among school children in rural area.
18. Educational Intervention on Oral Hygiene among school children in a selected school of Dhaka city.
19. Health Educational Intervention on Safe Drinking Water in a selected rural community
20. Educational Intervention on Menstrual Hygiene among adolescent in a selected school of Dhaka city
21. Hand Washing Knowledge and Practices among School Children in Bangladesh
22. A comparative study on Traditional and Skill Based Health Education on hand washing among SECONDARY school children in DHAKA
23. Capacity Development for Combating Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) in Bangladesh funded by World Diabetes Foundation
24. Perceptions regarding smart-phone application for the self-management of diabetes funded by Heidelberg University, Germany
25. A comparative study on the effectiveness of Traditional versus Communication technology-based health educational intervention focusing on Diabetes funded by Heidelberg University, Germany
26. Factors affecting Non-adherence to eye care advices among Diabetes patients with Eye Problems in Bangladesh funded by BADAS-ORBIS Eye Care Project.
27. Does m-health influence patient adherence and allow cost effective management of type 2 diabetes in Bangladesh?-funded by Heidelberg University, Germany
28. An interventional study on the use of mobile SMS as a tool for modification of knowledge and belief regarding diabetes among patients and relatives in Karachi, Pakistan funded by NOMA Grant, Oslo University, Norway
29. Knowledge and behavior regarding health-related issues among female garment workers in Bangladesh funded by University of Southern Mississippi, USA.
A) Journal Publication:
1) Broek JMV, Roy SK, Khan WA, Biswas R, Banu B, Ara G and Chakraborty B. Risk factors for mortality in shigellosis: a case control study among severely malnourished children in Bangladesh.The Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition. 2005; 23( 3): 259-265
2) Afrose L, Banu B, Ahamed KR, Khanom K . Factors associated with knowledge on breastfeeding among female garments workers in Dhaka city. The South-East Asian Journal of Public Health. 2012; 1 (3): 249-255
3) Banu B, Hasnin SS, Khanom K. Nutritional Status of the Children of Non-Formal Primary School: Bangladesh Experience. South Asian Journal of Population Health. 2011; 4 (1&2): 83-90
4) Banu B, Khanom K. Effects of Education Level of Father and Mother on perceptions of Breast Feeding. Journal of Enam Medical College. 2012; 2 (2):67-73
5) Shrestha S, Banu B, Devkota B, Thapa N, Khanom K, Ali L, Pederse BS. Changing Trends on the Place of Delivery: Why do Nepali Women give Birth at Home. Journal of Reproductive Health. 2012; 9:25
6) Banu B, Rahman S, Begum K, Ahmed T, Choudhury HA, Ali L. Prescribing behavior of diabetes treating physicians in selected health care facilities of the Diabetic Association of Bangladesh. Indian Journal of Public Health. 2014; 58(3):180-186
7) Haque M, Banu B, Islam K, Islam ASMM, Naser MA. Nutritional status and hygiene practice among ethnic communities in selected area of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Nutrition. 2013-14; 26: 87-94
8) Banu B, Sharmin S, Yasmin F, Khanom K. Knowledge and Practices of Hand Washing among Secondary School Children: Bangladesh Experience. South Asian Journal of Population and Health. 2014; 7 (1&2): 21 -32
9) Ser PH, Banu B, Jebunnesa F, Fatema K, Nasrin R, Yasmin R, Furusawa H, Ali L, Ahmad A, Watanabe C. Arsenic exposure increases maternal but not cord serum immunoglobulin G level in Bangladesh. Pediatrics International. 2015; 57 (1)
10) Haque M, Banu B, Naser MA. Obesity status among psoriasis patients in a tertiary care hospital in Bangladesh. South Asian Journal of Population Health. 2014; 7 (1&2): 33 -39
11) R Islam, KM Muktadir, ZA Rizvi, S Hossain, B Banu, KR Ahmed, K Khanom, JHB Masud. Educational Intervention on Hand washing among the School Children in a Rural area of Bangladesh. European Academic Research, Jan 2015; 2:10.
12) Banu B, Mustafa K. A comparative study on traditional and skill based health educational intervention on hand washing among secondary school children in Bangladesh. Paripex: Indian Journal of Research. 2015; 4(6): ISSN 2250-1991
13) Yasmin F., Banu B., Zakir S., Sauerborn R., Ali L., Souares A. Positive influence of short message service and voice call interventions on adherence and health outcomes in case of chronic disease care: a systematic review. Medical Informatics and Decision Making.2016, 16:46. DOI: 10.1186/s12911-016-0286-3
14) Mansoor Ahmed Siddiqui, Liaquat Ali, Asher Fawwad, Bilkis Banu, Hasina Akhter Chowdhury, Nazish Waris, Anum Butt, Syeda Nuzhat Nawab, Abdul Basit. Mobile SMS: A tool for behavior and life style modification in management of diabetes – a study from Karachi, Pakistan. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health. 22 October 2019 (Available Online). In Press
15) F. Yasmin, L. Ali, B. Banu, F. B. Rasul, R. Sauerbornand A. Souares. Understanding patients’experience livingwith diabetes type 2 and effective diseasemanagement: a qualitative study followinga mobile health intervention in Bangladesh. BMC Health Services Research (2020) 20:29 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-019-4811-9.
16) Banu B, Mustafa K, Mark J. Kittleson, Touhid Bhuiyan, Sayed Asaduzzaman. Concurrent Field Practice act as an efficient teaching pedagogy to originate public health professionals: A Bangladesh Context. Asia Journal of Public Health. 2019.
17) Ulfat Ara, Afsana Yesmin, Sarder Mahmud Hossain, Bilkis Banu, Mohammad Raziul Haque. Oral Health seeking behavior and practice among underprivileged Adult Population in a Selected Area of Dhaka City, Bangladesh. Rangpur dental journal. 2020. (In Press)
18) Bilkis Banu, Sayed Asaduzzaman, Nasrin Akter,Sarder Mahmud Hossain, Touhid Bhuiyan. Concurrent Field Practice act as an efficient teaching pedagogy to originate public health professionals: A Bangladesh Context. Universal Journal of Public Health. April 2020; 8 (4): 113-119. DOI: 10.13189/ujph.2020.080401.
19) Bilkis Banu. Using Mobile Technology for Diabetes Management. National Bulletin of Public Health. March 2019; 1 (4): 12-13.
20) Rabbani G, Billah B, Giri A, Hossein SM, Mahmud AI, Banu B, Ara U, Alif SM. Factors associated with health complaints among leather tannery workers in Bangladesh- a pilot study. Workplace Health and Safety. May 2020. 2165079920936222. DOI: 10.1177/2165079920936222.
21) Farzana Yasmin, Nazmun Nahar, Bilkis Banu, Liaquat Ali, Rainer Sauerborn and Aurelia Souares. The influence of mobile phone-based health reminders on patient adherence to medications and healthy lifestyle recommendations for effective management of diabetes type 2: a randomized control trial in Dhaka, Bangladesh. BMC Health Services Research (2020) 20:520 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-020-05387-z.
22) Mansoor Ahmed Siddiqui, Liaquat Ali, Asher Fawwad, Bilkis Banu, Hasina Akhter Chowdhury, Nazish Waris, Anum Butt, Syeda Nuzhat Nawab, Abdul Basit. Mobile SMS: A tool for management of diabetes via patients-relative’s knowledge and belief. Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health. 2020 Jun 1; 8(2):455-60.
B) Book/ Booklet/ Module Publication:
|Academic Awards, Fellowships and Research Grants :||