|Designation :||Assistant Professor of Management|
|Department :||Business Administration|
1. Serena Aktar and Md. Adilur Rahman Khan, Factors Influencing Business Success in the Garments Industry: a Comparative Analysis between Demographic Factors and HRM Related Factors in Bangladesh, Journal of Strategic Human Resource Management, is accepted
2. Serena Aktar, “The Effect of Human Resource Management Practices on Job Satisfaction: A Comparative Analysis between State-owned commercial banks and Private commercial banks Bangladesh” ASA University Review, is accepted.
3. Md. Emran Ali, Serena Aktar and Md. Zohurul Anis “The influence of Human Resource Management Practices on Business Performance in the Garment Industries: An Empirical Analysis” Journal of Business Research, Faculty of Business Studies, Begum Rokeya University Rangpur, is accepted.
4. Serena Aktar, “Factors Influencing Entrepreneurs’ Business Performance in Small and Medium Businesses: Comparative Analysis between Demographic and Environmental Factors in Bangladesh” Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), Volume-X, Issue-02, July-December, 2015.
5. Serena Aktar, “Factors Influencing Employees’ Work Performance in Insurance Company: A Case Study on MetLife Alico in Bangladesh” ASA University Review, Issue-17, Vol-9, No.2, July-December-2015, http://www.asaub.edu.bd/asaubreview/data/v9n2sl11.pdf
6. Serena Aktar, “An Assessment of Entrepreneurial Affinity in Bangladesh: A Comparative Analysis between Small Live Entrepreneurs and Potential Entrepreneurs of University Level Students” Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka), Volume-X, Issue-01, January-June, 2015.
7. Serena Aktar, Murshid Alam and Sunzida Sultana Bithi, “The Impact of Training and Development Practices on Employees’ Performance and Job Satisfaction in the Garment Industries of Bangladesh” The Islamic University Studies,(Part-C),Vol.-10, No.-I&II, Faculty of Business Administration, Islamic University, Kusthia.
8. Mr. Md. Mahbubul Kabir and Serena Aktar, Performance Appraisal as a Mechanism for Business Successes in the Garment Industries of Bangladesh: An Empirical Study, Journal of Business Studies,Vol.7, januart-june:2014, Faculty of Business studies, University of Rajshahi.
9. Serena Aktar and Md. Masukujjaman “Reasons to Create Intention of Entrepreneurship among University Students: A Study on Bangladesh”, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management, Volume 3 Issue 2 June 2014. http://www.publishingindia.com/jem/50/reasons-to-create-intention-of-entrepreneurship-among-university-students-a-study-on-bangladesh/311/2288/
10. Md. Masukujjaman and Serena Aktar, “Green Banking in Bangladesh: A Commitment towards the Global Initiatives” Journal of Business and Technology (Dhaka) , Volume VIII, Issues 1 and 2, January-June, July-December, 2013. http://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JBT/article/view/18284
11. Serena Aktar, Md. Zia Uddin and Muhammad Kamruzzaman Sachu, “The Impact of Rewards on Job Satisfaction and Employees’ Performance in Bangladesh: A Comparative Analysis on Pharmaceutical and Insurance Industries”, International Journal of Business and Management Invention, e-ISSN: 2319-8028 p –ISSN:2319-801X,Volume2, Issue 8,2013. http://www.ijbmi.org/papers/Vol(2)8/Version-2/A02820108.pdf. It has been indexed in ANED (American National Engineering Database). ANED-DDL (Digital Data link) number is 28.8028/02820108. It is showed through www.aned.us
12. Serena Aktar and Md. Zohurul Anis “The Influence of Psychological Characteristics on Entrepreneurs in Bangladesh: A Study on Small Entrepreneurs”, 1st International Conference on Entrepreneurship, SMEs Development and Management, jointly organized by Rajshahi of University, Bangladesh and University Kebangsaan Malaysia, June 30, 2013.
13. Serena Aktar , Muhammad Kamruzzaman Sachu and Md. Emran Ali “The Impact of Rewards on Employee Performance in Commercial Banks of Bangladesh: An Empirical Study” International Organization of Scientific Research, (IOSR-JBM) ISSN: 2278-487X., Volume 6, Issue 2, Nov-Dec. 2012. www.crossref.org &www.doi.org
14. Serena Aktar, Md. Shoriful Islam and Sayed Mohibul Hossen “Human Resource Management Practices and Firms Performance in Bangladesh: An Empirical Study on Pharmaceutical Industry” Journal of Asian Business Review (ABR), ISSN 2304-2613, Volume 1, Issue 1, September 2012.
|Academic Awards, Fellowships and Research Grants :||
Received a “Gold medal” from the Tapashi Rabeya Hall , University of Rajshahi
Scholarship received by department of management studies, University of Rajshahi
1.Training Course On “SPSS for Professionals, Researchers and Students”, Department of Statistics, Biostatistics & Informatics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
2.Workshop on “Effective Teaching” Keynote Speaker:Professor Mustafa Kamal, Department of Business Administration,Northern University Bangladesh,NUB Business Campus
On 8th December, 2012
3.Workshop on “Internship Proposal Writing and Supervision” conducted by Mr. Lutfor Rahman, Assistant Professor, Departmnt of Business Adminitration, Northern University BangladeshOn 6th October, 2012.
4.Training on “Effective Teaching Method in Business Education” Keynote Speaker: Professor Dr. Mr. Serajul Islam Bhuiyan, Head of the Department, School of Liberal Arts, Aurban University, Montgomery, NUB Business Campus, On 12 January, 2012.
5.Training on “Effective Teaching Method in Business Education” Keynote Speaker: Professor Dr. Mr. Serajul Islam Bhuiyan, Head of the Department, School of Liberal Arts, Aurban University, Montgomery, NUB Business Campus, On 30 July, 2011.
6.Workshop on “Strategic Management” conducted by Professor G M Chowdhury, Director, IBA, University of Dhaka, On 5th November, 2010.
7.Workshop on “Ensuring Effective Teaching-Learning Environment” conducted by Prof. Dr. M. Shamsul Haque, Vice Chancellor, NUB; On 7th May 2010.
8.Workshop on “Registration and Student Advising for Spring-2011” conducted by Mr. Lutfor Rahman, Assistant Professor, Departmnt of Business Adminitration, Northern University Bangladesh,On 6th January 2010.
9.Workshop on “Ensuring Effective Teaching-Learning Environment” conducted by Prof. Dr. Sudhir K. Saha, Faculty of Business Administration,Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada.
10.Three months long Standard Computer Training course (Concepts of Computer, Fundamentals of OS, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Visual Basis & Internet Browsing and E-mail Usage) from BCC (Bangladesh Computer Council), Bangladesh.
Working as a member of MBA program Committee, Question Moderation Committee (Management), Environmental club, Entrepreneurship and Business Club, Newsletter & Magazine Committee, Seminar/ conference/workshop committee and Sports club (From April 30,2015 to till date)
Worked as a member of MBA program Committee, Question Moderation Committee (Management), Environmental club, Entrepreneurship and Business Club and Sports club (From April 2014 to April 29, 2015)
Worked as a member of MBA program Committee, Question Moderation Committee (Management), Environmental club, Debate Club, Entrepreneurship and Business Club and Sports Club(May 2010 to March 2014)
Worked as a member of Examination Committee, Convener of Seat Plan committee, Discipline committee, Tree plantation committee (July 2009 to May 2010)