IQAC, NUB assures a continuously improving culture that demonstrates accountability & excellence and satisfies the stakeholders of NUB by establishing a quality assurance (QA) system.
All programs of NUB will be accredited by the best accreditation bodies of the world.
The general objective of the IQAC is to promote a quality assurance culture within the university. The specific objectives are to:
- Institutionalize the quality assurance culture in accordance with national QA guidelines and international practices;
- Ensure that the university‟s quality assurance procedures are designed following the QAU guidelines and national requirements;
- Develop, maintain and enhance the quality of education and people‟s perception in favor of the university through consistent quality assurance practice and performance;
- Build an image of the university with the confidence of the stakeholders ensuring transparency, accountability, and good practices in all aspects of management; and
- Prepare the university to meet the external quality assurance assessment and accreditation requirements.
In order to achieve the objectives, the major functions of the IQAC will be to:
- Facilitate to define the mission and objectives of the university for enhancing the quality and relevance of higher education and respond to global trends in quality education;
- Guide and assist the program offering entities of the university to define program objectives;
- Develop standards and benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities of the university;
- Review existing procedures for further improvement of delivery of higher education;
- Prepare QA documents and procedures for use within the university following specifications and guidelines provided in the IQAC OM;
- Encourage staff to maintain the professional code of conduct in accordance with the QAU guidelines and international practices and facilitate to maintain good practices in operations;
- Provide necessary support to the study program offering academic units, i.e., departments, faculties, and institutes to conduct the self-assessment, external peer review and implement Qthe A process at the program level;
- Conduct regular monitoring of in the implementation of policies, systems, processes and procedures;
- Facilitate to conduct institutional assessment;
- Facilitate the approval of a new program offering entity and new programs for existing entities using appropriate procedures;
- Fevelop a data base containing information regarding quality assurance, which will be deliverable to all stakeholders;
- Prepare and produce annual institutional quality assurance report (IQAR) and monitoring report assessing the activities of IQAC and submit to the QAC;
- Develop an Institutional QA Strategic Plan for every 5 years and ensure its implementation and monitoring of achievements;
- Co‐ordinate all QA related activities within the university;
- Liaise with QAU and other external QA agencies;
- Organize workshops, seminars and appropriate training for capacity building and promoting QA culture at all levels of the university;
- Advise university management, faculty and de, apartments on QA and related matters;
- Take initiative and lead to establish staff development center at the university;
- Prepare the detailed budget of the IQAC; and
- Conduct impromptu audit at any level of the university if necessary.
- Support the university in achieving its vision by providing good quality education;
- Function as a central quality assurance unit for the university and review existing standards and procedures;
- Develop new standards, policies, and procedures by adapting and incorporating best practices;
- Systematically monitor and evaluate university’s practices and processes through audit, survey, and other instruments as deemed fit to ensure generally accepted standards of quality;